reblog if you ARE gay, if you SUPPORT gays, or if you like to OPEN people’s WINDOWS in the middle of the NIGHT and put DOZENS of GEESE in their BEDROOMS. Let’s show the world that there’s a 1 in 3 chance that we’re kind of a dangerous person to be around.
The value of the minimum wage is LOWER than it was in the 1960’s.
Remember this next time someone tries to say those pushing for a higher minimum wage are “whiny” or “entitled”.
cost of living goes up…. while wages literally go down.
If you argue against raising the minimum wage, you are literally arguing that some workers do not deserve to live out of poverty, despite having jobs.
No other way around it.
I’ve been working somewhere while I wait to start Uni and though we don’t get paid minimum wage, it’s awfully close and I struggle to see how anyone can live on what I’m getting paid. I knew about this all before, but it’s taken working at this job to really understand how terrible it is. People work 40 hour weeks and are thinking about getting a second job because the first one doesn’t pay all the bills? That is no way to live, for anyone. Raise the minimum wage, and don’t just raise it by a dollar. It needs to be raised by a LOT.
Song of the Day:
Demons - Imagine Dragons
The cast of The Lord of the Rings, everybody.
I tried to scroll past this…I really tried.
cast of the Academy Award winning Lord of the Rings trilogy
This will forever be the best picture to ever come from a movie cast.
oh god i physically cannot look at these and not be okay. Okay? Oh my Jesus it makes me want to play my guitar and I just ugh I’m inspired by this man in so may ways
Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
THE BEST WAY TO GO OUT: CONTINUING A RUNNING GAG.
Good philosophy as far as I’m concerned.
do you ever just finish a book and sit there for a while like what the fuck did this author just do to me
shout out to people who are scared to call others out, whose hands shake when they try to explain what’s wrong, whose throats threaten to close up with thoughts of ‘what if i’m just overreacting’, whose hearts are pounding out of their chests because they just stuck their necks out for their beliefs, who have lost friends and respect and safety for aligning themselves with causes
Page 1 of 366